Charles Daudelin

Go to the artist's bio

Charles Daudelin, sculptor (b at Granby, Qué 1 Oct 1920; d at Montréal). He worked in the studio of Québec goldsmith Gilles Beaugrand (1939-41), went to the École du meuble in Montréal, and made 2 visits to New York (1943, 1948), where he worked with Fernand Léger and Henri Laurens. He taught at the École des beaux-arts in Montréal until 1967. The recipient of first prizes in the Concours artistiques du Québec for painting (1946) and sculpture (1964), Daudelin created important pieces for the National Arts Centre (Ottawa), Palais de Justice (Montréal), parliamentary fountain in Charlottetown and the Church of St-Thomas d'Aquin in St-Lambert.

Read more

Publications

L'avenir retrouvé ou la resurrection des rêves (Out of print)